Erik Gerding and Nadav Orian Peer
Financial Aspects of the COVID Crisis was a community teach-in in CU Law, held online on March 24, 2020. The teach-in includes presentations by Erik Gerding and Nadav Orian Peer, followed by a discussion with viewers. The main topics addressed were:
- The macroeconomic toolkit, and the unique challenges presented by COVID;
- The Federal Reserve’s emergency support of the financial sector, and its historic expansion to businesses, firms and municipalities;
- The unprecedented relief package (which just passed today, March 27);
- Cashflow disruptions, and legal issues around forbearance, contracts, and bankruptcy law;
- Issues to address when the dust settles: in financial regulation, and in the social safety net.
You can find the full video of the teach-in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2hOe9Qr-BE