February 13th, 2023 at 11:30pm AEDST (February 14th, at 8:30 am ET)
Full-time or part-time, hybrid work, 2-year fixed term. Located in Kensington, New South Wales, Australia.
The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will undertake research on Ross Buckley’s Australian Research Council (ARC) Laureate Research Program entitled “The Financial Data Revolution: Seizing the Benefits, Controlling the Risks.”
As a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow you will carry out guided independent and/or team research within the field appointed to, and carry out activities to develop your research expertise relevant to the particular research project.
The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will work closely and report to the Chief Investigator (Scientia Professor Buckley).
We are accepting interest from candidates with Level A or Level B experience for this position. This position is offered as full time (35 hours per week) however we may consider a 0.6 FTE (21 hours per week) or 0.8 FTE (28 hours per week) arrangement for the right candidate.
Remuneration: $100,318 – $120,733. The level of appointment will be commensurate with your qualifications and experience/expertise.
- A PhD in Law, economics, finance, political science or cognate area or equivalent research and/or professional experience (such as experience as a banking and finance or technology lawyer).
- Strong research capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent research.
- Some research publications.
- Strong organisational skills including the capacity, if needed, to coordinate the day to day aspects of the research project and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with external stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and especially written communication skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Level B (in addition to the above):
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated track record of high quality research outputs or track record of significant involvement with the profession and/or industry.
- Ability to maintain a sound governance framework for research activities and ensure appropriate ethics approval, reporting and documentation of research outcomes.
Please submit a cover letter outlining how you meet the skills and experience as noted in the position description and upload your CV.
For questions relating to the role please contact: Aust. Laureate Fellow Professor Ross Buckley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.